
A very interesting start to the week. I was very pleased to meet Hannah and Liam, the co-artistic directors and founding members of Analogue. I thought the session this afternoon was brilliant and I am looking forward to exploring the idea of the mirror and multiple possibilities this week. This is not the first time I have heard the idea of multiple possibilities and them all playing out to many different versions of the same person. I believe it was on a History Channel show, The Universe, where they talked about the idea of parallel universes. This is something from the science fiction cartoons of my youth, the evil foe coming from a parallel universe who happens to be the opposite personality of the good guy, the hero. Never did I imagine that this was something to be studied, and theorized about. Not only a single parallel universe, but an infinite number, with infinite versions of me, going through all the different possibilities of my life. A rather significant question to begin to study this week.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2001/paralleluni.shtml
No comments:
Post a Comment