Sunday, 25 October 2009

Fluctuating Week



I found myself experiencing a myriad of emotions this week, all as a response to what I was attempting in my course work. Firstly, with my installation, I went through moments of panic, frustration, rejection, pride, satisfaction, giddiness, and relief. It is truly amazing how one piece of work can affect me in so many different ways. I will say that I am very proud and happy with the piece which was viewed on Friday by my fellow artists. I would also like to say that I was very lucky to work with Catherine on this, and I hope she and I will continue our partnership in the future!!
Not only was I challenged by my installation project, but it was also a very challenging week, in a very different way, with our practioners, Hannah and Gemma from Shunt. Their discussions about how we view the audience, and what we ask of the audience as theatre makers was very thought provoking. I enjoyed working with Liz and Mauren on our little performance piece and found the final result very satisfying, both from our end of things and also the reactions/comments we received from the group.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma
    I like your instalation(should I call it this?)Its amazing and I think I shoul wait to see more of you specially in collaboration with cathrin, your work reminds me cubism logic of diffrent prespectives at the same time. I imagine how would it be if I saw a portrait on your innovative screen?

    ReplyDelete