Wednesday, 4 November 2009

Moving Forward


We had a workshop today for working with the body in our installations. The interesting thing about it was that we were the bodies. There needs to be a personal understanding of the body, and how it might move in a space for a designer to create a successful world. That's why Scarlet came in today to work with the group. It was great to get my blood pumping and my body loose. Then I was able to bring in the material of the installation, paper, and start to experiment with that and how it moves. We ended by each group being filmed working with our materials. Catherine was gracious enough to be the one filmed, and what she discovered is amazing, and I think very inspirational for where we can start to experiment with the paper. Here's a description of the material movement I wrote after working with it:
a fragility, but amazing malleability
serious, but also playful
blank, yet filled with so much meaning

No comments:

Post a Comment