So Liz and I went to the cemetery today with the Bottom head and the Titania mask and hands in order to experiment with them in the space. We want to make sure that we have a little bit of animal like movement when Bottom is wearing the ass head. I realized that very quickly I was watching the eyes of the ass and not the actor's. He became very much the curious animal and not a human, so we will have to find the line for that. Maybe it will depend a bit upon the sense of the site. It will be interesting to see what it is like when we get to our actual site of performance because I believe Prospect Cemetery will be less like a forest but we will have to wait and see.
Titania is wondeful but we did learn that movement which is rather slow and deliberate gives her a very eerie feeling. We don't want her to be scary. So we tried quicker and more natural movements and that seemed to help. She became more alive that way.
Still waiting to get the rod puppets put together so that we can play with them but we made some important discoveries today.
And Happy Independence Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment