Monday, 8 February 2010

Report from rehearsal

We had a little workshop on Friday, with the same idea of just sharing a bit about who we are.  Company building time, as it were.  Played around a bit in a space with some tasks that were set out.  I'm working on trying to see where we might be headed with it.  I think, if we start to think about the work being unique to our group of people, then I suppose these tasks are useful to find out more about ourselves.


A great article was introduced to the group today about Google digitizing books and making an enormous digital library, but also the consequences of trying to do it.  There was a line about a "book orphanage" which brought about several visuals for me in my head.  We discussed this idea of a cloud of information.  Also, we discussed the idea of lost property, and the idea as a person as lost property.  The idea of leaving traces is still strong, and whether one has the ability to do this or not.  I came up with the phrase breadcrumbs of a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment