A blog started to help to describe the experience of my one year of study in London.
Sunday, 22 August 2010
Taking on a new challenge
I sit here 2 days before starting rehearsals for our final showing and I must admit I feel a little like a fish out of water. I have been a part of many, many rehearsals since starting out in this crazy theatre world 15 years ago, but never have I been in the director's seat. I feel terribly unprepared, and I have moments of thinking, "why do you think you even belong in the director's seat?". However, I know there is a drive for me to do this, and a passion about it. So, even though I may not have all the answers and all the techniques, I have been in a rehearsal room enough to know what works and what doesn't work. I also absolutely love this play, and I know I am surrounded by a group of talented professionals who will make this a great production. Liz and I have some intriguing ideas, and we have a great site to use for our "world". Everyone has to start somewhere, and this is my turn to start off my experiences as a director.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment