A blog started to help to describe the experience of my one year of study in London.
Sunday, 24 January 2010
"Real" world theatre
We talk about taking theatre and performance outside and into the "real" world. We do it intentionally. I find it rather interesting when something in the "real" world draws my attention because it is out of the ordinary, to the point where at first I think, "Is this a piece of theatre?", but after I watch for awhile, I realize it's not an intentional piece of theatre, but my attention makes it so. For example, woman standing outside, apparently waiting for a ride. Totally normal and everyday. Except, in the cold, she was wearing a tank top, without a jacket. I found my attention was totally focused on her, and she was doing nothing more than just waiting. I watched her for a good 15 minutes, before she decided to move along. Why was it so intriguing? I think the answers will help me to bring to the table some interesting ideas about how to make theatre (intentional theatre that is) more engaging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment