I really enjoyed the week and a half working with Tom from Sound and Fury. I have always been interested in space and the cosmos (until I realized I couldn't do calculus, I wanted to be an astronomer, and then an astronautical engineer), so it was exciting for Tom to share his ideas for the company's next project. Working with the piece Physical Universe, I feel the group came up with some great ideas, and with the time and limited resources we had, presented a really interesting, and apparently debatable performance. Just the words, "There was a local eddy in the swirling gas of the primordial galaxy..." (Louis Simpson, Physical Universe), gave an immediate mental picture of what I thought we should do, and I think that cup of coffee worked beautifully. It also proved to be challenging for both the group and me, since I was being pulled away regularly to help sort out technical equipment. I must help to figure out a better way to handle these things, since it is not fair to me or to the group for me to be absent for potentially long periods of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment